Saturday, September 10, 2011

Not so sweet tooth

The other day at daycare one of the boys was leaving and brought cupcakes for his last day. I was there to share in the celebration. All the kids got little mini cupcakes. Some of the kids were so eager that they asked for two or even three (even though no on got three). Amelia sat there diligently licking the frosting, but never made it half way through. Then she jumped up and was ready to go- having never even taken a bite of the cake. It made me a proud mama. The cupcakes were store bought and had that processed cake/icing.

But it did remind me of this day. My birthday. Amelia and Luc made me this cake. It is my *favorite* cake of all time. I am sure you have seen it before. I just love it. And Luc loves me enough to make it for me. A 3 layer Black Forest cake. Amelia got a little piece, but barely ate that one either.
Instead she went to our cupboard- got out the raw oats and started eating them right out of the box. This picture cracks me up. Here we are eating this decadent cake and Amelia is eating oats!

The cook book that she is stacking her oats on is called Feeding for the Whole Family. I highly recommend it. Especially if you are looking at getting into cooking beans and other grains.

No comments: