Monday, June 21, 2010

A new tradition?

I think we might just have started a wonderful new tradition!

For Mother's day, I baked a Black Forest Cake for Melissa. She's the most wonderful mom to Amelia - and partner to me. Always giving so much love, continually learning with and from Amelia. It was a delicious cake.


For Father's day, Melissa baked me a fantastic Angle Food Cake. Yummy! Perfect crust, perfect lightness and sugarness. AND, strawberries are now in season, so it was wonderful all around. Father's day was a little gray - we were not able to go to the park - and Amelia and we are battling her first bad diaper rash (I'll spare you the details...), but it was still a wonderful day. We had friends over for brunch (Meghan, Chris, Eva, and little 7-week old Ian!), and played all day. Just being with my little girl (and my big one) makes for a true perfect day.


Can't wait for future years, when Amelia will surely participate more into cake baking!

1 comment:

April said...

Those are some gorgeous cakes! Yet another reason for us to make that trip to Seattle... miss you guys, and hope you are well!